We need someone who can take ideas and turn them into clean, solid code. Someone who can grasp the big picture while still getting the details right. Someone who can turn out great designs without losing their sense of humor. You’re out there. We know it. Together we’ll do great things!
As a WordPress developer at Needmore, you will be integral to the success of the project, working with our project managers, designers, and front-end developers to implement the underlying server-side functionality of our projects. Typical projects involve working with platforms like WordPress and e-commerce systems like WooCommerce. In addition to developing themes and plugins, you will optimize performance of the server-side components of the project. While coding is the core function of this role, there are a few other things that we’ll be looking for…
This describes you
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-starter tendencies
- Dedication required to meet a deadline
- Interest and proven history of learning new methods and technologies
- Ability to write effectively and without typos
- Portland area only, please!
- Comfortable developing themes, plugins, and customizations for WordPress.
- Experience with server configuration (esp. nginx and Apache)
- Proficiency with Git and common development/deployment workflows.
- Understanding of how to use Grunt for preprocessing and deployment.
- Good design sense, and ability to make good design decisions during development.
- Solid understanding of CSS, SASS, and mobile-first responsive design.
We believe in a work/life balance. To us, that means reasonable work weeks, ability to care for yourself and family, and a positive studio environment that flows with killer coffee and spinning vinyl, right on the river in Old Town Portland. To break it down:
- Vacation & sick pay
- Health insurance
- Time for conferences and education
- Great on-site espresso
- Lovely view
- Sane work hours (give us your all during the work day, your evenings and weekends are yours)
In order to apply, please write to email@example.com and be sure to include:
- your three best references
- your website URL
- code samples (ideally in GitHub)
- your résumé
- your desert-island album
- links to the best sites you’ve built, and
- why you want to work with Needmore.
Please start your message with “I am a real person” to save us wading through the inevitable pile of spammy replies. Thank you!