Needmore Designs is looking for a developer (with design sense, too) to help us make the web a better place for our customers and our clients.
We’re not talking a little better. We’re not talking twice as good.
We’re talking a million times better.
Look, ours is a highly technical field. We know it’s not easy to find someone who is able to write the next line of code or check off the next issue, while keeping in mind the vast amazing unexplored potential of the web.
But, you’re out there. We know it. And we want you to be a kick-ass player on our kick-ass team.
Who is Needmore Designs?
We are a boutique web agency in Portland, Oregon, with an international client base. We are excited about telling compelling stories online, helping grow the brands we represent, and staying on top of the latest and most exciting trends around us.
We’ve been around for 8 years now, and we intend to be around for much longer. We’re growing and continually improving all the time, and we could use some help accomplishing big things.
Your daily duties will consist of everything from front-end development to launch to fire-extinguishing and beyond. We’ll need you to turn layered PSD’s into website and email templates, work on social media integration and analytics with our clients, and work with our creative director to flesh out new concepts for everything from simple landing pages to sophisticated WordPress templates. Essentially, you’ll be working on new things every day, in a variety of technologies.
Your knowledge is not the most important qualification, but rather, your willingness to show excitement, energy, and creativity. You will be expected to learn new things all the time, with your own initiative. You will be expected to aim for nothing less than perfection in your work.
The ideal candidate will work on site, but may earn their way to 1-2 days/week remote. You will start with a one-month trial period, which will let us both see how things work out.
- Take websites from mockups to standards-compliant perfection
- Build projects in WordPress and other content management systems
- Be able to document your work and defend your decisions
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities
- Know how to fire up the Inspector and fix issues on a web page
- Knowledge of client-side optimization techniques
- Familiarity with content management and e-commerce solutions, particularly WordPress
- Good understanding of all latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile platforms
- Understanding of SEO and social media best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both teams & clients
- Be able to handle a rapidly changing, sometimes high-stress environment
- Be a freaking perfectionist
- Functional knowledge PHP & MySQL
- Functional knowledge of version control with git
- Functional knowledge of Mac, Linux/Unix, & Apache
- Familiar and comfortable with common APIs
Perks include vacation time, paid insurance, and possibly remote working. We will discuss these in more details when we make a job offer.
In order to apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include a catchy subject line, your three top skills, your best teamwork tactic, your URL, your résumé, and why you want to work with Needmore.